Volunteers are the backbone of a well-run not for profit. Your commitment and dedication is most valued as part of our team and community. There are a number of ways that you can choose to become involved;
- Provide one-to-one support and friendship
- Support group activities and community events
- Support weekly programs (Music, Art, Computers & Theatre Arts Production)
- Join our Events & Fundraising team
- Apply your professional skills to the work of a committee or Board of Directors
Many corporations give employees time to volunteer as part of their community initiatives. Check this out with your human resources department and get in touch with us!
Host a Fundraiser
Jazz up the morale at the office with raising funds for charity! Think of something out of the blue or try these ole faithfuls;
- Hold a raffle – fill a basket filled with themed items like a local food basket
- Organize a 50/50 draw- who doesn’t like a chance to win some extra cash
- Cook up a storm and hold a bake sale
- Get your Neighbourhood together to run a Garage Sale
- Wanna wear jeans to work- hold a dress-down day
- Host a Bowling Night
Become a Member
A Community Living Oakville membership keeps you updated on current developments and policies affecting people with a developmental disability. Membership entitles you to agency notices and newsletters. It provides an opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas regarding service to people who have a developmental disability in the Oakville area. It is an excellent way to get involved and make a contribution to the community. Members have the right to vote on issues at General Membership Meetings.
Membership is a crucial aspect of Community Living Oakville. Through a democratic process, changes are implemented with the necessary input by our members to ensure the people we support receive the highest possible standard of services and supports.